Wrinkles and age spots are unflattering yet inevitable signs of aging. They are usually found in old people, but nowadays even 30-somethings are grappling with these problems. While you cannot stop your skin from aging, you can definitely delay the signs by using the right products, just like this DIY anti-aging vitamin C face serum. Read on to find out the benefits of this serum as well as the procedure.
Why Vitamin C Serum For Wrinkles?
- With age, the skin loses its elasticity and strength. This leads to the formation of wrinkles. So, vitamin C is important to keep the skin firm and wrinkle-free.
- Free radical damage to the skin is the leading cause of age spots and wrinkles. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant. It protects the skin from oxidative stress by neutralizing the free radicals(source).
- Vitamin C is a depigmenting agent, which decreases the skin’s melanin formation to reduce dark spots. It helps to keep the skin even-toned and glowing(source).
- Rosewater exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells and impurities. It also balances oil production in the skin.
- It maintains the skin’s pH, which is very important for healthy skin.
- Glycerine hydrates your skin. It acts as a humectant. This means it allows the skin to retain moisture.
- It is also an emollient that works to make your skin soft.
- Witch hazel works great on reducing inflammation. It soothes redness and relieves itching.
- It has antibacterial properties that help treat acne.
How To Make DIY Anti-Aging Vitamin C Face Serum?
- Combine rose water and glycerine in a glass bowl.
- Add vitamin C powder and mix it well.
- Now add witch hazel and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Pour the mixture into a dark-colored glass dropper bottle using a funnel and again shake the bottle for 1 minute.
- Store this serum in the fridge for 1 week. It has a shorter shelf life because the Vitamin C oxidizes in the water over time.
- You can apply the serum on your cleansed face at night, before bed.
2. Do not add extra vitamin C as it is acidic and can burn the skin if the concentration is too high.
3. Vitamin C Serum must not be used during the day due to sun exposure.
If you liked this post, pin it.