(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here)
Aloe vera, what can be said about it. It is a gift of nature to us that not only make us healthy from the inside but also enhances the beauty of our skin and hair when used topically. if we talk about hair specifically, aloe vera contains essential vitamins like vitamin C and vitamin E which provides nutrition to your hair and scalp. It also has beneficial fatty acids and minerals which stimulates strong and healthy hair growth. There are tons of other benefits of this medicinal plant aloe vera for hair. So, in this post, I have come up with a great recipe of DIY hair mask of aloe vera gel for hair growth.
This aloe vera gel hair mask also contains some of the best essential oils for hair growth like lavender and rosemary. These two essential oils repair damaged follicles and keep your scalp healthy. This helps encourage thick and strong hair growth.
Now before sharing the recipe of hair mask of aloe vera gel for hair growth let me explain why this hair mask works.
Benefits Of DIY Hair Mask Of Aloe Vera Gel For Hair Growth
Aloe Vera Gel
- It contains powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin E which repairs your damaged follicles. This helps treat hair issues like hair thinning, hair fall and hair breakage.
- It has potassium which is a very important mineral for preventing hair loss.
- Aloe Vera gel hydrates hair and it keeps the moisture locked in your hair strands by balancing the sebum production in your scalp. This helps treat dry and frizzy hair as well as making it soft and shiny.
- It contains some of the essential amino acids which makes your hair strong and repair split ends. The rich amino acid content of aloe vera gel also prevents new split ends from occurring.
- It contains folic acid that boosts healthy cell regeneration. This, in turn, stimulates healthy hair growth.
- It also contains antiseptic, antibacterial properties and antifungal properties which kill dandruff causing fungus and bacteria lurking on your scalp.
Also Read: 5 Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Gorgeous Hair
- It is able to penetrate deeply in the hair strands. This allows coconut oil to hydrate your hair more effectively than other oils. It is a good source of vitamin E which seals the moisture in your hair. This keeps your hair moisturized.
- It is rich in lauric acid which is a fatty acid that helps in strengthing hair follicles and stimulate hair growth.
- Coconut oil’s powerful antimicrobial properties eliminate bacteria and fungi. This helps clear your scalp of dandruff.
- Its antioxidant properties protect your scalp from damage-causing free radicals. This helps prevent cell damage and keep your scalp healthy.
Rosemary Essential Oil
- It improves blood circulation in the scalp. This provides required oxygen and nutrition to the hair follicles. Hence encourages hair follicles to grow thick and strong hair.
- It is also an effective remedy for preventing premature hair graying. The powerful antioxidant properties keep your hair follicles healthy which stimulate healthy and pigmented hair growth.
- It unclogs hair follicles by clearing them off excess sebum and dead skin cells. This cleansing of hair follicles prevents hair loss.
Lavender Essential Oil
- It moisturizes your scalp. This controls the excessive shedding of cells that naturally fall off the scalp as dandruff flakes. Moisturizing scalp also treats issues like the dry and itchy scalp.
- Lavender oil increases blood circulation to the scalp. This rejuvenates your hair follicles, which stimulate healthy hair growth.
- It has antimicrobial properties that protect your scalp from harmful bacteria and fungi. This keeps your scalp clean and healthy.
How To Make DIY Hair Mask Of Aloe Vera Gel For Hair Growth
- 1/2 Cup Aloe Vera Gel (Buy Here)
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (Buy Here)
- 15 Drops Rosemary Essential Oil (Buy Here)
- 10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Buy Here)
How To Use
- Mix all the ingredients properly in a bowl.
- Apply it to your scalp and then to your hair strands.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap so that this hair mask doesn’t land on your clothes.
- You can keep the hair mask overnight or rinse it off after 45 minutes with organic shampoo.
- If you have any leftover then you can store the hair mask in an airtight glass container for your next application.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a week for best results.
Aloe vera is definitely a super beneficial natural ingredient when it comes to hair growth. It is loaded with essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids which not only stimulate hair growth but also treat various problems like dandruff, dry, damaged hair and many more. Hence applying this hair mask regularly will give you great results. Now you have this simple hair mask recipe of aloe vera gel for hair growth, so start using it right away.
Did you like this aloe vera hair mask recipe? Please let me know in the comments down below.