Heal your dry and flaky skin with this frankincense whipped body butter. This whipped body butter contains some of the most effective natural ingredients for treating dry skin. It includes shea butter, coconut oil, argan oil, and almond oil.
I have used some essential oils like frankincense oil and lavender oil. These two essential oils enhance the effectiveness of this whipped body butter for healing dry and flaky skin. They also help you get naturally glowing skin.
This frankincense whipped body butter would also help slow down the skin aging process. Besides that, it is very easy to make it at home. So why not apply this whipped body butter and get rid of dry skin.
Before heading down to the recipe let’s discuss the benefits of frankincense whipped body butter first.
Also Read: 10 Best Essential Oil For Dry Skin
Benefits Of Frankincense Whipped Body Butter For Dry Skin
Now its time to know why this frankincense whipped body butter works for dry skin.
- Shea butter is one of the best natural ingredients for moisturizing dry skin. It contains vitamin A and vitamin E. These two vitamins hydrate your dry skin. While vitamin E also prevents the moisture from escaping. This keeps your skin stay hydrated. Hence makes your skin soft and smooth.
- It has powerful antioxidant properties because of vitamin E. It neutralizes damage-causing free radicals and prevents cell damage. Vitamin E also boosts collagen production. This improves the elasticity and strength of your skin. Ultimately reduce the appearances of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coconut oil is one of the best carrier oil for dry skin. It is a rich source of vitamin E. This helps moisturize your dry, flaky skin.
- It contains medium-chain fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. This protects your skin from harmful bacteria and fungi. Hence keeps your skin healthy.
- Almond oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are very effective in moisturizing dry skin. It is also anti-inflammatory. This would help reduce swelling, redness, and itching.
- Almond oil has emollient properties. It makes your skin soft and also improves your skin’s appearance.
- It is high in vitamin E which helps boost the production of collagen. This improves the elasticity and strength of the skin. On the other hand, an increase in collagen production gives a natural glow to your dry skin.
- Argan oil has a very light texture. It is easily soaked by the skin. This allows the oil to moisturize your dry skin deeply.
- It contains oleic acid, linoleic acid, and palmitic acid. These fatty acids are very important for healing dry skin.
- It also contains vitamin E. This would help moisturize your skin and brings your dry and cracked skin back to life.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Frankincense oil is one of the best essential oils for dry skin. It moisturizes your dry skin and reduces irritation and itching. It has powerful antimicrobial properties that kill bacteria and fungi infecting your skin. Therefore it keeps your skin healthy.
- It boosts collagen and also stimulates the regeneration of skin cells. This improves the elasticity, strength, and firmness of your skin. Hence reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- It also works great for healing wounds, fading scars, and stretch marks.
Also Read: 7 Frankincense Essential Uses For Skin
Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender oil is very soothing for your skin. It restores the lost moisture in your skin. This rejuvenates your dry, dull and brittle skin.
- Its powerful antioxidant properties protect your skin cells from harmful free radicals. Hence reduce wrinkles. It also improves blood flow to the skin. This helps your skin cells to get the required amount of oxygen. Therefore your skin will look youthful and naturally glowing.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties. This helps in reducing redness and blotching of skin. Hence restores your natural skin tone.
How To Make Frankincense Whipped Body Butter For Dry Skin
- 1 Cup Shea Butter (Buy Here)
- 3 Tablespoon Argan Oil (Buy Here)
- 3 Tablespoon Coconut Oil (Buy Here)
- 2 Tablespoon Almond Oil (Buy Here)
- 20 Drops Frankincense Essential Oil (Buy Here)
- 5 Drops Lavender Essential Oil (Buy Here)
- Take about an inch of water into the pan and begin heating it up on the stove using medium heat. While the water is heating up, add shea butter and coconut oil in a bowl.
- Now place the bowl in the pan containing warm water. The warm water will start melting the shea butter and coconut oil. This method of melting the mixture is well known as a double boiler system.
- Remove the bowl from the pan when the mixture is completely melted. let the mixture cool until it's opaque or you can put it in the fridge to speed up cooling. But don't let it solidify completely because if it’s too hard, it just won’t whip.
- Now add the melted oils, argan oil, almond oil. frankincense essential oil and lavender essential oil to the bowl.
- Start whipping using a hand mixer. Whip until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Now if the body butter can stick to a spoon when held upside-down then you are finished with whipping.
- Then add frankincense essential oil and lavender essential oil and mix again with the hand mixer.
- Transfer your DIY whipped body butter in an air-tight glass container or jar. Make sure to keep it in a cool place.
- Now you are all set to use this frankincense whipped body butter and get rid of dry skin.
- Apply it whenever needed.
2. Try to patch test your recipe before using it. Simply rub a little bit of body butter on your neck behind the ear and leave for 24 hours. If there is no reaction after this time you are good to use it.
11 thoughts on “Frankincense Whipped Body Butter For Dry Skin”
Can you leave out the almond oil for those with tree nut allergy?
If you have a tree nut allergy then you can substitute almond oil with your favorite carrier oil.
Instructions are a little confusing, so you add the essential oils after you whipped the other oils first? I use coconut oil and shea butter and frankincense oil now, looking forward to adding the benefits of the other oils.
Yes, you have got it right. First, you have to whip the carrier oils and then you can add the essential oils.
I like To buy some shea butter but there has so many differ shea butter os I like to know which one will be good.
You can buy shea butter by clicking through the link below:
I hope I didn’t mess mine up. I just started the process and I accidentally added the Aegean oil and almond oil before it cooled. 😭
Don’t worry you didn’t mess it up.
How long is the shelf life? Does it need to be refrigerated?
You can store it for 4-6 months. No, you don’t need to refrigerate it. You can store this body butter in a cool and dry place.
The recipe looks wonderful, but I wish you would also give metric amounts. A lot of recipes now give the option of US or metric. It’s so much easier than trying to measure a cup of shea butter. I love your emails and look forward to them. I especially like how you give the benefits of each ingredient in a recipe. Thank you